Blog Email Policies – click HERE
Blog Comments Policies
About Comments: All comments are posted “pending” so as to filter SPAM and inappropriate content. All comments require you to leave your name and email address (neither is published). You may also choose to post anonymously in the name slot, but a valid email address is still required. You may leave a link to your website/blog but this will be posted “pending.” Comments and links to outside content are subject to dismissal, if I, the community manager, deem the content unrelated, inappropriate, or otherwise unnecessary. In some cases, this may mean your comment/link isn’t published at all.
Things I may publish might include, but are not limited to:
- A success story of overcoming conflict or a trial in your marriage/life
- Solid Biblical advice (see Philippians 4:8). If it doesn’t measure up against the Sword of the Spirit (God’s Word), it’s getting “cut down.”
- A general concern, question, or comment addressing the topics discussed on BHE
All of this information will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will be published anonymously in general reference.
Things that will never be published include, but are not limited to:
- Not all questions from men will be answered directly on the blog or via email.
- Some question/comment material is highly sensitive or relates to a difficult subject matter (i.e. sexual intimacy issues, infidelity, abuse, etc) and may not be published and/or I may determine it would be more appropriately answered via email for a variety of reasons (i.e. to protect identity, answer in more depth, to specifically meet a need, etc). This is solely up to my discretion.
- Any questions/comments unrelated to blog content, including or linking to inappropriate content, or added solely to promote your blog, organization, ministry, or someone else’s content for the purposes of advertisement or endorsement will not be published. Inappropriate content includes, but is not limited to, anything racist or derogatory, sexist, lewd or crude, sexually explicit, or anything that strongly advocates or strongly promotes an un-Biblical action or deliberately ungodly lifestyle. Don’t even bother commenting on the blog.
- No pictures, photos, video footage, and/or personal contact information of any kind will be published (with the exception of guest posts – see more below).
- Any content that is deliberately hostile in nature, rude, inconsiderate, spiteful or hateful, or content that is passing judgment or making assumptions, or content including name-calling, or content that is a blatant attack of myself, my husband, my marriage, or my readers will not be tolerated.
For more information on my policies regarding men or for a list of resources for men, please visit my Resources for Men page.
Guest Posting Policy
I dislike having to add such a strict policy because I don’t want my readers who would like to guest post to feel overwhelmed, but I want to clear up confusion. Please don’t let this deter you from making an inquiry. I do believe in professionalism and in the best interest of following/adhering to the mission of Becoming His Eve, clear guidelines are a must. If you have guest posted for me in the past, submission of a cover letter and samples of work may be waived.
All guest posters must submit a cover letter including short author biography, a description of what you’d be interested in writing about (either bullet points or summary paragraph), and why they feel our audience would benefit from their writing. Please include samples of work – either emailed copies or links to original online work published on legitimate websites (Facebook and Twitter does not count). Feel free to link to your social media profiles.
A guest poster should respect and adhere to the blog/website/owners’ purpose, goals, beliefs and mission statement. Any content that does not align with the mission statement and goals of Becoming His Eve will not be published.
Writing should be edited before submitted, and may be subjected to further editing. Please email me for further questions and details. Serious inquiries only. Thank you.