What I Believe
“And God said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light.” Genesis 1:3
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” John 1:1-5
Statement of Beliefs
- I am a child of God, apart of the Bride of Christ, learning how to become a redeemed Eve in a daily, difficult, but rewarding process.
- I believe salvation by grace, not of works, through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9), but I also align with the book of James’ view of works and the necessity of producing fruit in my life as evidence of the change that has occurred inside of me.
- I believe and cling to the living hope I have in God’s radical, ever-purifying, totally life-changing love through His completely finished redemptive work in Jesus Christ’ sacrificial criminal’s death on the cross and His resurrection from the grave, firmly claiming victory over sin and death, and experience His presence through His gift of the Holy Spirit in my life.
- I believe in the infallible Word of God, believing His Word’s impact on my life is paramount to my faith. I believe that His Word is God-breathed, quick, powerful, and sharp, providing doctrine, rebuking, correction, and instruction in righteousness, equipping me for good works and to live my life, (Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- I believe in the beauty and sanctity of life.
- I believe in the importance of being connected with a local church family, but also believe we, as followers of God, have lost much of what it means to be the Bride of Christ, the Church as a whole, and I hope and pray that we will rediscover the joy of being in the family of God.
- I believe that marriage is for life and is sacred – it is a picture of Christ and the Church in an earthly, human form. I believe that marriage is a covenant between a one man and a one woman and is to be honored by all.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Representing the kingdom of God
- Loving people like Jesus
- The Word of God
- Staying Scripturally based
- The work of the Holy Spirit
- Being connected with a local Body of Believers – the Church
- The sacred institution of marriage
- Quality time with my husband
- Loving and respecting others (especially my husband)
- Effective communication
- Face-to-face relationships
- Demonstrating a godly and authentic lifestyle