Challenges, Gifts, and Blessings (30 Dates in November 2016)
Today I received a birthday present from my sister. It’s October. My birthday is in December. She said she wanted me to enjoy the gifts during the holiday season. I think this is the earliest I’ve opened a present for my birthday ever!
Isn’t there something wonderful about opening up a present? The excitement and the anticipation as you pull off the paper and find a gift just for you?
James 1:17 says, “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
As you prepare for the 30 Dates in November challenge, I want you to prepare your heart to receive a gift. I don’t know what this gift is or how God will use this challenge in your life. I do not assume that my words are the best words or that this challenge will change your life or marriage. I do believe that God has many blessings in store for you this November just waiting for you. Perhaps you won’t see the fruits of your labor immediately and you may not until long after the challenge, but this isn’t about results. This is about what God will do in your heart and life and marriage. I ask that you spend time in prayer and ask God to cultivate a spirit willing to listen and a heart of gratitude as you prepare.
Each day in November, we will share one thing that we are grateful for about our husbands. I encourage you to write down this thing each day during the challenge and share it with your husband. You can send it to him via text message or email. You could leave it on a post-it on the bathroom mirror. You could write a note and stick it in his lunch box or briefcase. Or if you’re ambitious, you can make a card for him. This will give us an opportunity to uplift your husband with words of affirmation and kindness.
I wanted to add a few things about the forum.
- If you haven’t signed up, please click here and make your commitment. The sign-up process will take less than 5 minutes. You will need to wait for approval from me. This is to ensure security.
- The forum is perfectly secure. Only approved members and myself can see what you post and reply. Also all of the information the system will ask you to enter is private.
- When you are approved, you will see a Welcome board, Prayers & Praises board, General Discussion board, Prep Time board, Challenge board, Introductions board, and Post Challenge Discussion board.
- The Welcome board lists a welcome and some of the technical details about the challenge.
- The Prayers & Praises board allows you to list specific prayer requests and praises you might have. I’d highly encourage you to add what prayer requests you have for the challenge, and if you have done the challenge before, I would love to hear how God worked in your life and marriage through the challenge here.
- The General Discussion board is for you to discuss anything not directly related to the 30 Dates in November Challenge or BHE.
- If you haven’t already, read the Prep Time board as this will help you prepare for the upcoming challenge in T-4 days!
- The Challenge board has been tweaked a bit. Inside you’ll find a description of this year’s challenge and a sub-board containing the daily challenges. On November 1st, you’ll need to click into the sub-board to find the first day’s challenge, and then so on for the following days.
- Please pop over and introduce yourself on the Introductions board. Feel free to share as the Lord leads. I’ll write a general announcement/welcome on October 31st to all members. You can mention people on the board directly by using the @ symbol and their username. i.e. @admin (that’s me).
- The Post-challenge discussion isn’t relevant yet since we haven’t started.
I hope this clears up some confusion about things on the forums.
I’m excited and looking forward to taking this challenge with you! May the Lord bless you with His goodness and grace!
:o) Adam’s Eve (Hannah)