Earlier this week I shared an article over on BHE’s Facebook feed from the Huffington Post written by a secular author. The sharing of this article generated a bit of heat both on my Facebook and my email. I feel I can better address comments and concerns on the blog rather than social media.
I have three points I’d like to make before discussing the benefits and disadvantages of utilizing secular tools, using discernment, and addressing the points the author makes in the article.
- First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone who engaged in conversation with me. I don’t want to shy away from having a respectful, intelligent discussion, even with dissenting opinions. I do not expect everyone to agree with me, or with the author’s viewpoints. I, myself, do not agree with every point the author shared.
- Secondly, I want to reemphasize my last point there by saying that the articles and content I share and link to are not a direct endorsement. I share articles and links as a tool to be utilized by you to get you thinking, to start a conversation with your spouse, to encourage respectful dialogue among blog readers, and to promote growth.
- Finally, I want to add that while I am okay with dissenting opinions, I will not tolerate blatant personal attacks of myself, my husband, my marriage, the blog, or any of my other readers. If you disagree with someone and cannot say anything respectful and edifying, please refrain from sharing these comments. I wholeheartedly want to encourage dialogue, but I want to emphasize personal attacks, passing judgment and assumptions, rude or unkind comments, or name-calling are uncalled for, unjust, and simply will not be permitted on the blog, my social media sites, or my email. If you have any further questions, please refer to my policies, email policies, and social media policies.
- Benefits and Disadvantages of Utilizing Secular Tools,
- Utilizing Discernment with Secular Tools
- I will address specific points from the article I shared regarding intimacy issues and possible solutions through a Biblical perspective.