Did you know today is Lips Appreciation Day?
Mmm… sounds like my kind-of holiday.
Stop whatever you’re doing right now and text this to your spouse:
I like your lips! ;o)
Try one of these flirty messages (I googled ‘kissing quotes’ and these are some of my favorites):
- Kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. Wanna workout? (I’m thinking that maybe I might amp up the calories burned if kissing turns into a passionate makeout session.)
- I seriously wouldn’t mind if you just grabbed my face and kissed me. That’d be great.
- I hope you kiss me really hard when you see me.
- Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I’ll give it back.
- If kisses were snowflakes, I’d send you a blizzard.
- I believe in kissing… a lot!
Why Kissing is Good For You*
- Kissing lowers your blood pressure. (I’m happy to oblige my husband in this department.)
- Kissing helps eliminate headaches and cramps. (Ladies, zero in on this one! For me, kissing + sex is a great way to get rid of the ‘I have a headache’ excuse because of the endorphins released. Speaking of endorphins…
- Kissing (and lovemaking) releases ‘happy hormones’ – serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin. (Everyone wants to feel happy!)
- Kissing fights cavities. (And makes you want to smile and share those pearly-whites.)
- Kissing boosts self-esteem. (Who doesn’t want to be kissed by a man who loves you and what wonders that does to your confidence!)
- Kissing burns a decent amount of calories. (I can’t think of a more pleasurable workout.)
- Kissing boosts your immunity. (Strengthening the body’s defenses with a little lip love sounds like a great idea!)
- Kissing reduces stress and helps naturally relax you. (Yes! I need more of this!)
- Talk about it. Tell your spouse what you like and don’t like. Tell him/her when and where you like kissed. Talk about your most memorable kisses and reenact some of those if you can.
- Be creative. Explore and experiment with kisses and different places on the body. See more below.
- Leave your lover wanting more. Make your kisses memorable.
- Start slow and sweet and work it up. Dragging the kissing experience out will make the magic last longer.
- Avoid being too aggressive. Nothing wrong with passion, but be sensitive to your partner.
- Pull your spouse close to you. A quick peck is passionless. Pull him/her into your arms, squeeze them firmly, move your hands over the body or run them through his/her hair, and build the passion.
Explore and Experiment
Lips aren’t the only body part that want in on the kissing action.
- the top of the head
- the forehead
- the eyelids
- the ears
- the nose
- the cheeks
- the neck
- the shoulders
- down the arms
- the hands
- the breasts/chest
- the abdomen
- the erogenous zones
- the inner thighs
- the legs
- the tops of feet
Figure out where you like kisses, and spend extra time focusing on those parts.
Or try one of my favorite ideas – progressive kissing. It’s like a progressive dinner where you eat the appetizers, the soup and salad, the main course, and the dessert at different restaurants.
- Pick memorable spots from your hometown or places you both enjoy. Drive around town. Get out of your car. Wrap your spouse in your arms and kiss for at least a few minutes at each location.
- Can’t leave the house? Start kissing in the car in the driveway/garage, move to the kitchen, the living room couch, the laundry room atop the washer and dryer, down the hallway/stairs, on the bed, and finish in the shower/bathtub. Rearrange in any order you like.
Last minute advice?
A weekly make-out session is an absolute minimum suggestion for marriage, I believe, regardless of how long you’ve been married, and especially the longer we’ve been married. Kissing just for the sake of kissing and enjoying each other’s lips. Of course, if a steamy kiss leads to something-something if you know what I mean… enjoy!
In honor of this lovely holiday, celebrate kissing your spouse today!
Share With Us: Did I miss any kisses? Tell us your favorite type of kiss with your husband, or give us a flirty lip-locking text idea.
This Week on Social Media:
- Facebook – Posts from the BHE archive to give you kissing ideas & weekly wrap-up
- Twitter – #flirttip #kissmore, #quickprayer, and more
- Pinterest – Featured Board: Sex & Intimacy
*Thanks to CNN Health, Mercola Health, Reader’s Digest Health, and WebMD for the kissing facts.