20 Ways to Give the Gift of Presence
The Christmas season is a busy time of year. I’ve been getting lots of these questions:
- How do I make time for sexual intimacy during the holidays?
- What kind of gifts should I get my husband (or wife)?
- What things can I do to spice up sex with my husband during the holidays?
My answer: Give the gift of presence. Your presence in your spouse’s life is more important than any other present you’d buy him/her.
Here is a compilation of CMBA-er’s advice for sexual intimacy, quality time, and gift giving during Christmas season from past and present posts:
Be present intimately.
- 5 Ways to Find More Time for Sex by Julie from Intimacy in Marriage (and these tips are great for beyond the Christmas season also)
- 8 Quick Tips for a Sexier Christmas Season by Gaye from Calm, Healthy, Sexy (I especially love #1. You don’t have to start together. Amp up the excitement during the day with 3-4 suggestive text messages.)
- 10 Intimate Things to Enjoy for Christmas by J from Hot, Holy, and Humorous
- Bow-Dazzle and 10 Other Ways to Keep Your Sex Life Alive During the Holidays from The Forgiven Wife (I love #11!
- 3 Gifts for a Sex-Happy Marriage from Do Not Disturb (this can apply all year as well).
- Don’t wait. Give your husband “one of these” Right Now – the idea is from The Generous Wife.
- Scott from Journey to Surrender gives some great tips for wives to start thinking about sex and relationship with their husbands in an “As You Wish” context.
- Beat the stress by staying one through Holiday Intimacy by Lisa from Loveseat Marriage.
Provide presence when you exchange presents.
- Song of Solomon themed love and sex coupons to print and exchange by J from Hot, Holy, and Humorous
- 10 Sexy Stocking Stuffers for Your Husband by J from Hot, Holy, and Humorous (to get him thinking about “things to come”)
- Plan one of these December Dates ideas from The Generous Husband
- Romantic Christmas ideas for Wives Only and for Husbands Only from The Romantic Vineyard
- Spend less at Christmas to yield more joy recommends Too Darn Happy. Give your husband the gift of less stress and pressure during the holidays.
- The Best Christmas Gift is… well click here to read what Lori from The Generous Wife has to say (and I so agree with her!)
- Christmas Gift Guide to Wow Your Wife and Wife’s Guide to Knock Your Hubby’s Socks Off from One Flesh Marriage
- 5 Ways to Keep Christ is Christmas – don’t forget the reason for the season as you shop and plan for gifts – great ideas from Jamie over at Young Wife’s Guide.
Don’t just stop on Christmas Day! Gaye from Calm, Healthy, Sexy offers 15 Fun, Healthy, and Sexy Things to Do Between Christmas and New Year’s Day and J from Hot, Holy, and Humorous suggests giving him The Gift of Happiness all year long.
Share With Us: How do you make quality time, romance, and sex a priority during the holidays?