Saucy! Saucy! Pizza Themed Date Night
What’s more romantic than eating pizza with your love?
Perhaps not in your universe, but pizza is a staple of my household. My husband is a pizza connoisseur, and I must say I’m up there with him in enjoying good quality pizza. However, our budget doesn’t always comply, but we’re pretty good at finding deals and getting decent pizzas.
Today is Pizza Pie Day! I couldn’t let the day pass without including yet another fun date night idea post. This is a great date you can do with just the two of you or you can invite a group over or do it with your whole family.
Here some suggestions for your pizza date night:
- Get pre-made pizza kits and make your own pizzas at home. Complete the ensemble with chefs hats (if you can find them) and aprons. I love this idea from Love Actually – where you make your own sign for your own private pizzeria.
- Serve with cans of Coke, glass bottles of root beer, or another favorite soda.
- Great side dishes – breadsticks, veggie platter and dip, fruit platter, and/or tossed salad.
- Set your table with a red-and-white checkered cloth. Play Italian music in the background.
- Set up a pizza toppings bar. Gather your favorite toppings such as pepperoni, ham, bacon, crushed pineapple, olives, Mozzarella cheese, green, red, yellow, and/or orange sweet bell pepper, onions, Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, basil, arugula, tomatoes, rosemary, chopped chicken breast, ground beef, etc.
- Try pizza crust alternatives like grilled zucchini pizzas, tortilla pizzas, English muffin pizzas, baked Parmesan tomatoes, pizza bagels, or crescent pizza roll ups.
- Get Papa Murphy’s heart-shaped pizza for $8 until Friday, February 14th in honor of Valentine’s Day. This year, to show love, Papa Murphy’s will donate $1 of your purchase to the Starlight Children’s Foundation.
- If you’re picking up pizza from your favorite pizza place, remember sometimes it’s just so good you have to start in the car. :o) Sneak a bite or two of the pizza and then sneak a smooch or two. Or try this progressive foreplay idea from an earlier post of mine.
- If you’re really ambitious, make your pizzas from complete scratch. Try this pizza crust recipe from Six Sisters Stuff or this one for pizza crust and cheesy bread from Lauren’s Latest.
- Try a themed pizza like Captain America’s shield, ladybugs, Angry Birds, or a snowman.
- Dessert? Try root beer floats or Reese’s Pieces cupcakes. If you’re out and about, go for ice cream together.
- If you are going out for pizza, play footsie under the table with your partner, smooch between bites, gaze lovingly into each other’s eyes, and use code phrases alluding to what you want to do when you get home… (i.e. I’m sure we can think of a way to “reheat” tonight’s feast.)
Enjoy the pizza and then pop in a favorite movie from Redbox, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Google Play, or your DVD/Bluray collection. Or combine this date night with “I Love You To Pieces” date idea from February 2013.
Finish out the night with some “saucy” fun in the bedroom.
Try some “cheesy” pickup lines like these for foreplay…
- Are you an interior decorator? Because when I saw you, the whole room became beautiful.
- Do you have a Baid-aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.
- I thought happiness started with an H. Why does mine start with a U?
- Do you have a map? Because I’m getting lost in your eyes.
- Are you a fruit? Because Honeydew you know you’re looking so fine?
- I won’t stop loving you til an apple grows from a mango tree on February the 30th.
- You look cold. Want to use me as a blanket?
- Have you been to a doctor lately? Because you’re lacking some Vitamin Me.
- I’m hungry for a piece of you!
- I don’t need any hot sauce when I’m with you. You’re just so hot for me!
They’re sure to keep you laughing.
Get saucy! If you’re guaranteed to be alone, make pizza while wearing something sexy (i.e. red high heels, apron, and nothing else… do you dare?) and then hand feed each other slices in the nude. If the sauce drips… well… use your imagination.
Peel off the toppings! This one should be pretty straightforward – help your spouse “peel off” his/her clothing layers one at a time on your way to the bedroom.
Sliced any way you like it! Compliment your spouse on your favorite “pieces” of “their pie.” Heat things up further and give your spouse a full body massage.
Share with Us! What are your favorite pizza places or pizza toppings?
For more pizza recipe ideas, check out my Pinterest board – Pizza Pizza. For more side dish or salad ideas, check out my Pinterest board – Soups, Salads, and Sides. If you just can’t get enough of pizza, read this article about pizza toppings from around the world from Australia’s crocodile meat to Russia’s sardines to Japan’s pimentos and potatoes.