Last Minute Encouragement: 30 Dates in November
November 1st is 2 days away – and the 30 Dates in November Challenge begins. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to read the introductory posts for this challenge – 30 Dates in November Revamped. It’s not too late to start and commit; that’s what I talk about in this post – Help! I Can’t Do a Project for 30 Days Straight!
For a quick refresher,
- You’re embarking on a journey to plan purposefully to love your husband through acts of service, words, gifts, quality time, and physical affection & intimacy.
- You’re also embarking on a journey to stretch you outside your comfort zone, to help you to grow in your walk with the Lord and in your marriage, to get deeper in touch with yourself, and to break free of things that may have been holding you back from a truly great marriage!
Remember: In order to purposefully and passionately love your man, you need to 1) be right with God, and 2) you need to let go of things that are hindering your marriage. You’re not alone in this process.
BHE is meant to work as a guide to walk you through the next 30 days, but you ultimately take the challenge and make it your own for your marriage. Every marriage is different. Different husbands respond differently to different ideas. It is my hope that BHE can work with you, but not against you. If something doesn’t work for you or fit for your marriage, skip it and try something completely different. We’re here for support.
Do you have a prayer partner? This is critical to the next 30 days – someone to walk with you (not necessarily doing the challenge) but someone to encourage you, pray with you, pray for you, and pray over you on this journey. Someone to cheer you on and motivate you when the last thing you’re feeling toward your husband is love.
The Devil never likes it when we honor God with our actions, thoughts, and words, and he will try to undermine you and disrupt you and make you feel like giving up over the next 30 days. Don’t give up! Don’t listen to the lies! Don’t let the Devil win!
As a reminder:
- If you don’t have a prayer partner, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know.
- The challenges will be posted the day before they’re actually designed to take place. This first challenge is being posted on October 31st to be carried out on November 1st.
- The challenge is completely free! There is no charge to participate. Please let me know via email if you’re planning to participate so I can be praying for you, and if you’d like to receive additional emails for support, encouragement, prayer, accountability, and expanded checkpoints.
- You don’t have to subscribe to my blog to follow the challenge. Just come back daily to becominghiseve.wordpress.com and read each challenge. However, I highly recommend subscribing so you’ll receive email notifications for each challenge post and a copy of the post itself in your inbox. Please add me to your contacts and check your SPAM and TRASH folders if you aren’t receiving my emails for some reason.
- If you’re a man and you’re reading about the challenge, it’s okay to pass it along to your wife, but please don’t ask to be included in email updates. The last thing I want is a woman to feel forced to do it because her husband wants her to or because he wants to receive all the benefits. I’ve gotten several emails from men so the best thing I can tell you is pray for your wife and pray for the community of women taking this challenge. If you are a woman who shares an email account with her husband, please let me know. I don’t want to accidentally exclude someone, but we’re on the honor system here. Again, if you’re a man, the best thing you can do for us is to pray.
I’m saying all this today so you can totally focus on prepping for Day 1’s challenge tomorrow. If you choose to wait and start late or even implement these challenges next month (December), use this time to pray that God would open your mind to what He wants to accomplish through you in the next 30 days and then quiet your heart to hear from God.
God’s blessings to you, and here’s to purposefully loving your husband for 30 days! Here’s to real change!
To see other posts in this series, click here.