He is Risen Indeed! and 8 Easter Romance Ideas
*Editor’s Note: I apologize. This post was scheduled, or so I thought, for this past Sunday and was never posted. Here it is… late!
Today is Resurrection Sunday – the tomb is empty! Our Lord has risen from the grave, conquering sin and death, making a way for us to live eternally with the Father – made righteous – redeemed. Words cannot describe how wonderfully amazed I am at the love Christ demonstrated in going through with dying on a cross for us. Reflect on the beautiful sacrifice of our Lord today! Rejoice with breathtaking joy at the hope of our salvation. He is risen! He is risen indeed!
Now for some “Easter romance” and good clicks for your weekend!
1. Start your day off right with a good Resurrection Sunday breakfast! Try this cute bunny pancakes idea from Pinterest (pancakes, strawberries, whipped cream, and nuts or you can use blueberries).
Or perhaps… yummy cinna bunnies,
Or try this delicious recipe for ham, egg, and potato bake with cheddar and Parmesan.
with a side dish of “pineapple bunny” in the berry patch!
2. Attend an Easter service together. Make it a point to dress up and wear your absolute best. As kids, I remember in my family my sisters and I used to try to outdo one another with the “best ever” Easter outfit. Now as an adult, I still love dressing up, but my reasons are different. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and I want my outer shell to reflect my inner change. Plus I love seeing my husband in a tie! ;o)
3. Practice saying, “He is risen!” to everyone you meet today. This is the reason we celebrate Easter!
4. Decorate Easter eggs together. Try this fun shaving cream marble effect or adding melted margarine to the dye for a marbleized effect or using glitter for extra sparkle. Kool aid might be a fun alternative to traditional egg dye.
Or for a different artistic project – try making praise rocks. We made an individual praise rock in place of a place card for the Easter dinner which doubled as a gift for everyone to take home.
5. Create an Easter time capsule. Fill plastic Easter eggs (perhaps you want larger ones) with a love note to your spouse for the following Easter. Include photos or written memories from the day. Open it together next year on Easter.
6. Exchange gifts in Easter baskets. This is personally one of my favorite things to do on Resurrection Sunday (beside singing in church). Collect some of your spouse’s favorite candy and treats and place them inside an Easter basket, a decorated Easter box, or an Easter bag. I baked Adam peanut butter cookies, and my in-laws and family an assortment of cookies.
Pick out a meaningful gift to slip in the basket also – I chose an eagle statue that I got for under $20 at the local hobby store since Adam loves eagles.
The Dating Divas offer this cute idea of writing reasons you love your spouse on the bottom of Reese’s peanut butter cups for an anniversary, but I think you could tweak it and use the idea for Easter.
Kristen from the Dating Divas shares this awesome intimate Easter basket – Suggestions? hide “sweet surprises” inside the Easter eggs, add some sexy lingerie or a new pair of boxers, hand sanitizer and wipes, pretty scented candles, romantic music, a bottle of something bubbly (we like ginger ale or berry sparkling cider) >> anything you need to plan a night of “sexy fun!” Lead him to the bed with a trail of jellybeans with you perhaps waiting at the end, wearing only bunny ears! ;o)
7. Create an “adult” Easter egg hunt for your spouse. Place “love” coupons inside the plastic Easter eggs and hide them all over the house. (Suggestions: planned date nights, restaurant gift certificates, Groupon deals, get-out-of-a-chore coupon, a sensual massage coupon and other sexy fun coupons. ) Send your honey on a fun Easter egg treasure hunt! Or try these 3 fun sexy twists on an Easter egg hunt from the Nest.
8. Plan a “peep” show for the evening, after all the relatives are gone, kids are in bed, and it’s just you and your husband!
Good Clicks for Your Weekend:
6 Free Gifts to Give Our Husbands from CalmHealthySexy >>fantastic post filled with suggestions for blessing your husband…and the best part? they’re free!
Mighty Men in Marriage by Tami from Manna for Marriage >>Real men C.L.E.A.V.E.
Great Couples Intentionally Pursue Each Other from Intentionally Yours >> “…’having it good’ in marriage comes from … being intentional in living out God’s blue print for marriage.”
Why It Is So Sweet to Trust in Jesus from Rivers of Water >> “I’d much rather put my trust in Jesus, who is not only available to help me 24-7, but will never leave me, never forsake me, and promises to deliver me from all my troubles.”
- Posted in: 5 Love Languages ♦ Date Your Spouse ♦ Good Clicks- Blog Recommendations ♦ Romance ♦ Sex ♦ Special Events and Holidays ♦ Spicing Up the Bedroom
- Tagged: Arts & Crafts, Artsy Dates, Dates on a Budget, Easter, Foodie Dates, Game Dates, Gift Giving, Good Clicks- Blog Recommendations, Great Outdoors Dates, Intimate Apparel, Seasonal Dates, Spicing Up Sex