Love in a LunchBox, 5 More Ways to Feed Your Marriage, Day 8
Today’s Valentine Challenge is Feed Your Marriage.
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” Colossians 3:12-14
1. Make a list of 10 reasons you love your husband…and post it somewhere you’ll see it frequently. Refer back to the list when you feel frustrated or angry with your husband.
2. Encourage your husband daily! Make a point to give him a compliment a day or uplift him in some way. Ask God to show you where your husband needs encouragement the most.
3. Don’t be afraid to try new things when you make love. I have surprisingly discovered that having sex when I have a headache helps me get rid of the headache or at least greatly reduces it (as long as it’s not a migraine). I actually want sex when I have a headache because the pleasure overrides the pain, the adrenaline kicks in and kills the pain, and the endorphins released relax me and help me to de-stress. Thanks to my husband for this one – I never would have tried it unless he hadn’t suggested it.
4. Cook for your man. If you don’t do this regularly, even if you aren’t a fantastic chef, he’ll be sure to appreciate it… even if it’s just a box of shells and cheese. Make him feel special by setting the table and laying the food out on the table so you don’t have to go back and forth to the stove.
5. Surprise him! Last weekend, I surprised my husband and took him to the zoo for free. I have lots of other wonderful surprises for my husband planned this month. Surprises show your spouse that you care and you pick up on the little things that make life special and happy. You can surprise him with anything from a box of his favorite candy to an uplifting note tucked in his lunchbox to initiating sex to picking up a movie for you two to watch to taking out the trash for him because you know he hates it.
Love in a Lunchbox
My husband loves it when I make lunch for him in the morning as it saves him the time and hassle, and because it’s my way of blessing him. I like to slip little notes into his box with encouragement and Bible verses for him for the day.
If you don’t make your husband a lunch, I highly encourage it, even if he typically buys his lunch. Pick out his favorites and put it in a brown paper bag, or purchase an inexpensive insulated lunchbox for under $10 at Walmart or Target.
Here’s some fun Valentine phrases to spice things up:
- You are the apple of my eye. (apple juice, applesauce, or apple)
- I’m nuts about you. (package of nuts or peanut butter and jelly sandwich)
- Dew you know how much I love you? or No one loves you like I Dew! (Mountain Dew)
- Stick with me, sweetheart! (carrot, celery, or bell pepper sticks)
- Let’s kiss or I love your kissable lips! (chocolate kisses)
- You are berry good for me (berries or berry-flavored yogurt or berry granola bar)
- I’m wild about you! (Little Debby Zebra Cakes)
- I cherry-ily choose you! (cherry hearts, cherries, or cherry-flavored soda)
- You are my life-line (water bottle)
- You are pear-fect for me (pear slices)
For other clever ideas (from Pinterest), try these!