8 Benefits of Early Morning Sex & I Cereal-sly Love You!
If you’re just tuning into this series, please read the intro post I Don’t Wanna Be in Love. Then check out the first 4 days – 14 ways to make a marriage thrive
Day 1 – Peace & puzzle pieces themed date night; Day 2 – Joy & Up (the movie) themed date night; Day 3 – Acceptance and Understanding making activities he enjoys more fun for you both; Day 4 – Quality Time & library/bookstore themed date night
Today’s Get Real Valentine Challenge is grace.
I’ll be honest – my most graceful, gracious moments aren’t generally in the morning. I am not a morning person at all. I struggle to get out of bed when the alarm goes off, and it takes me awhile to get a good system down for motivating myself to get out of the bed. If one little thing goes wrong, then I’m back to square one and have to restart with a new system. I am grateful my husband has grown gentler in his methods to wake me up and the grace he extends me by letting me sleep 15 extra minutes or so while he’s in the shower. But I recall plenty of mornings that I was snappy with him because I wanted extra sleeping time.
Ask yourself: How can I show my husband grace today?
Perhaps you don’t have an early morning problem like I do. There’s probably another time in your day or your life that irritates you and when you’re more short with your husband. Regardless of when it is and what causes it, extend your husband grace. Maybe he won’t frustrate you today, but no marriage is perfect. When this happens, call these verses to mind:
“Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers…Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:29, 32
“Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.” Proverbs 19:11
Benefits of Early-Morning Sex
Today’s date is an early morning one. Let’s start the day with some sexy fun? Haven’t ever considered making love first thing in the morning? Let’s look at some of the benefits of spontaneous wake-up sex:
1) You aren’t bogged down by the responsibilities of the day yet and your mind is clearer [as long as you can put that mental to-do list out of your mind long enough to enjoy a romp in the sheets. ]
2) You’ve just been sleeping and are [hopefully] well-rested and can devote more energy to sex.
3) Sex is relaxing and can help manage stress. Who doesn’t want to start their day more relaxed?
4) You start the day more in sync when you’ve pleasured one another both physically and emotionally. It releases the feel-good chemical oxytocin which helps couples bond and feel loving toward one another all day long.
5) You show your spouse that he/she is a priority, and so is your sex life.
6) If you have sex really, really early, you might even be able to fit it in before the kids or pets (or others in your household) wake up therefore eliminating disruptions [which means turn off your cell phones, computers, and TVs also or don’t even turn them on in the first place].
7) Sex is exercise. It’s a great way to work up an early morning appetite as breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
8) Early morning sex can be a great incentive to wake-up and put you in a more positive mood, especially if you dread the sound of the alarm clock. Wake-up sex will help you feel happier and healthier throughout the day. Even if you don’t have intercourse, enjoy each other’s bodies in the morning a little every day.
- Make-out or smooch a little.*
- Throw off the covers and give your husband a visual thrill of seeing you without your pj’s!
- Linger a few minutes in bed for sexy cuddling.
- Wake your partner up to a delightful mini fondling session… or precursor to sex.
- Try showering together afterward. For some this may be claustrophobic, but for others, the water and soap can be a real turn-on and a great way to cool down… or heat up again.
**Don’t forget to brush your teeth first. Bad morning breath tends to kill passion!**
I Cereal-sly Love You Date Idea
Plan to be up early. If the weather’s good, or if you have a big window in your home overlooking the east, plan to watch the sunrise together. Use the SunriseSunset calendar here to find out the local sunrise time for today or whatever day you do this date. Just type in your zip code and click the February 2o13 calendar for your local city.
Bundle up. Make hot cocoa or coffee to put in a thermos to carry outside with you and bring several blankets.
Start the day right! Make a point to read Scripture together daily. My husband and I like to read Psalms in the morning. Pray together while holding hands and consider praying over one another by placing a hand on your spouse’s head as you pray for them while standing over them or sitting next to them. This is such a beautiful, bountiful blessing when my husband prays over me.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You can also make his favorite breakfast foods to go with the cereal, or purchase or make your own flavored milk for the cereal (chocolate milk goes great with chocolate or peanut butter cereals and strawberry milk is delicious with Cheerios or Lucky Charms). Chop up some fruit like berries, apples, bananas, or even pears to go with your cereal. Serve with flavored yogurts, bagels, toast, muffins, doughnuts, bacon slices, sausage links, or even ham. For other breakfast ideas, check out my Pinterest board: Best Meal of the Day.
Don’t forget extra coffee, hot cocoa, hot cider, or even flavored teas to accompany breakfast. Or for a cold beverage, try his favorite juice.
Don’t know what to say? That’s okay. Grab the morning paper and discuss headlines. Try your hand at a crossword puzzle together. Or share what you dreamed about the night before (I have some pretty wild dreams fairly frequently and they’re pretty entertaining).
Don’t want to make breakfast at home? Slip out together first thing and find a cozy, romantic spot to watch the sun come up. Then grab a cup of joe and some breakfast at a local diner or coffee shop. Slip the “cereal” box with the note (I CEREAL-sly love you!) into his lunch box with a plastic spoon and a small carton of milk* for a later mid-morning or even mid-afternoon snack. (*Don’t forget an ice pack if you put milk in or warn your sweetheart to put his lunchbox in the work fridge.*)