Celebrate Your Man… His Way! 30 Dates in November Day 1
Editor’s Note: Today begins the 30 Dates in November Challenge. With the holidays approaching, it’s easy to put romance and date nights on the back burner. I challenge you to do the exact opposite this November!
Celebrate your man today with the five love languages!
Acts of Service
- Surprise him by completing a chore he completely dislikes or do a chore you know he’d like you to do without him asking.
- If the weather is good, don some cute and feminine autumn apparel and wash the car together, vacuum out the inside, and throw away the trash. Leave a sweet little note in the visor or tapped to the steering wheel when you’re done.
- Men tend to like order. Make your bedroom a place of comfort and relaxation, and a stress-free environment by taking some extra special time to clean up this room you share. Strip the bed and wash your sheets. Vacuum the floor and dust your furniture. Straighten up items and put away clothes neatly.
- If you don’t already, make him a lunch to take to work and tuck in a little note, telling him how much you appreciate how he works hard or to encourage him by telling him how proud you are of his commitment to ethics in the workplace.
- Leave him a favorite treat or beverage as a bedtime snack on his nightstand.
- Pick up a pocket-size version of a book that you know he wants to leave in his briefcase.
- Tie a bow in his favorite color around a tool or household item that he could use and leave it on his desk or workbench.
- Purchase a gift card to his favorite restaurant so he doesn’t have to worry about food during his lunch hour.
- Pick up a car air freshener to stick on his rearview mirror, grab a roll of quarters for convenient toll money or vending machine money to put in his glove box, and purchase a travel mug for his cup-holder.
- Make him a flip-book of encouraging Bible verses to carry in his pocket when he needs some spiritual food.
- Have a professional photographer (or a friend) take a nice photo of you for him to carry around in his wallet.
Physical Affection and Attention
- Set the alarm 15 minutes earlier in the morning to massage his “sweet spots.” Or if you’re really ambitious, 30-45 minutes earlier for a session of love-making.
- Offer to give him a back, neck, and shoulders massage to help relieve the tension at the end of the work day. Better yet… do this Adam-and-Eve style – “Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.” Genesis 2:25
- Wear his favorite lingerie on you and nothing else when you greet him as he arrives home at night (unless of course, you have children or guests and in that case, wait until he’s in the bedroom to reveal your “pretty intimates” underneath your outfit.
- Send your husband flirty text messages throughout the day, hinting at what you’d like to “do to and with him” later that evening.
- Invite your husband into a steamy shower with you to explore each other’s bodies.
- Eliminate distractions when talking with your husband. Silence or shut off your cell phone, turn off the TV or stereo, set down the project or stop the chore you’re working on so you can give him your full attention.
- Don’t pick an activity to do outside your budget. You don’t need to break the bank to have a romantic night with your spouse. Check out the 13 Fall Dates that the folks over at The Romantic Vineyard recommend for ideas.
- Check online for free or inexpensive local events, activities, festivals, concerts, and sports games. Pick one or two to do in this upcoming month with your spouse.
- Pick an activity you know your husband loves or ask him to teach you something this evening.
- Cook dinner together tonight using seasonal fruits, vegetables, and other dishes and then feed each other over candlelight.
- Give your husband 5 compliments today. Be specific. Instead of just saying, “You’re doing such a great job with the kids, honey,” try, “The kids and I really appreciate how you’ve been helping them get ready for bed and reading them stories these last few nights.” Instead of saying, “You’re a good spiritual leader,” try, “I love how devoted you are to praying with me every day. It really shows what a godly man you are.” Instead of saying, “I love your body,” try “I love the way your strong arms encircle me when you hug me. It makes me feel protected and loved.” You get the picture!
- Let him know what he’s doing right around the house. Instead of nagging your husband, focus on uplifting him when he takes out the trash without being asked. Instead of complaining about how he didn’t fix the blinds the way you like them, thank him for taking the time to repair it in the first place. Instead of picking an argument with him about how he always feeds the kids pizza when you’re gone and doesn’t follow your routine to get the kids to bed, let him know you’re grateful for him pitching in and being responsible for the kids.
- Let him know what he’s doing right when you make love. Most husbands appreciate and need vocal affirmation and encouragement. And don’t just reserve this for the bedroom. Let him know that you enjoy how he tickles your thigh when he brushes up against you while you’re making dinner at the stove. Let him know how you enjoy how he holds your hand while you’re in public. Let him know that you look forward to bedtime make-out sessions. Positively encourage him and stroke his ego by letting him know where he’s doing a good job in your marriage physically.
- Encourage your husband frequently. Let him know you’re proud of him for being honest at work. Let him know how much you appreciate the moments he takes to kiss you when he comes home from work. Let him know how grateful you are when he takes five minutes to talk to you or pray for you.
- Be humble and gracious with your words. Make requests instead of demands. For instance, say “Would you please pay the water bill by tomorrow?” instead of “They’re going to shut off our water supply if you don’t pay the bill soon.”
Meet Me for a Cup of Coffee
In what other ways, do you show your spouse love using the 5 love languages? How did you or how did you plan to show your spouse love today?
“Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you…”
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
“Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Romans 12:10
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God… God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them… We love because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:7, 16, 19
- Posted in: 30 Dates in November ♦ 5 Love Languages ♦ Acts of Service ♦ Communication ♦ Date Night Ideas ♦ Dates on a Budget ♦ Food Dates ♦ Gift Giving ♦ Great Outdoors Dates ♦ Honoring One Another ♦ Kindness ♦ Media ♦ Night on the Town Dates ♦ Physical Affection and Attention ♦ Quality Time with Your Spouse ♦ Romance ♦ Seasonal Dates ♦ Service Dates ♦ Spicing Up the Bedroom ♦ Stay at Home Date Nights ♦ Unusual Dates ♦ Words of Affirmation
- Tagged: 30 Dates in November, 5 Love Languages, Acts of Service, Gift Giving, Physical Affection, Quality Time, Romance, Unconditional Love, Words of Affirmation